These wallpapers can be used to help make Mister Icon's icons blend into the background.*
Simply pick a wallpaper above that matches the background of the icons you are using.
Please scroll down for detailed instructions if required.
Prior to iOS 10, home screen wallpapers retained their correct colours, so it was possible to have a virtually seamless effect using any of the wallpapers above.
iOS 10 introduced a feature/bug where all home screen wallpapers were automatically darkened by the operating system so that it was impossible to have particularly light coloured wallpapers. So for example, a plain white wallpaper would look plain white on iOS 9 and earlier, but on iOS 10 the same wallpaper would look grey.
Thankfully, iOS 10.2 appears to have fixed this problem (for some colours at least), so the seamless effect is now possible once again!
After testing several different iOS devices and iOS versions, the results of my investigations are shown in the table below.
Seamless Wallpaper Compatibility
|Colour||iOS 9 & Below
How To Use Wallpapers
- On an iOS device, tap and hold on the wallpaper you wish to use, then choose Save Image.
- Then go to Settings → Wallpaper and tap 'Choose a New Wallpaper'.
- Tap Camera Roll and select the wallpaper you just saved. Pinch to zoom the wallpaper to fill the screen if necessary, then tap Set and choose Set Home Screen.
How To Use Wallpapers
- On an Android device, tap and hold on the wallpaper you wish to use, then choose Save Image.
- Now you just have to set this newly downloaded image as your wallpaper. The exact steps may differ depending on the brand of your device and its Android version.
- For Sony devices running Android 4.4 KitKat+: Tap your downloaded image from the swipe down notifications tray and open it in the Album app. Then tap once, select the menu button in the top-right corner and choose Use as → Wallpaper (Album) → Crop → Crop
- For Samsung devices running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean: Tap your downloaded image from the swipe down notifications bar and open it in the Gallery app. Then hit the device menu button, choose Set as → Home screen → Crop photo → Done
I need help!
Please contact Mister Icon and he will try to help if possible. Please send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mister Icon — The app to sort out your other apps!
Contact Mister IconIf you have any feedback, suggestions for future icons, or just want to say 'Hi', I'd love to hear from you.